Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Emotional eating

This is a huge problem for me.  My daughter has been sick and my house is out of whack and all this depresses me, so what do I do?  I look around to see what I can eat even though I am not hungry.  It doesn't matter if it is chocolate or just a banana sandwich with mayo.  The only thing I can say is that I have tracked what I am eating and wrote down all the points.  Even with writing down everything from my banana sandwich - 3 pts to my swig of. chocolate syrup right out of the squirt bottle - 2 pts I still have 6.5 of my weekly points allowances left.  Since I am tracking everything I can also see that I am not eating the servings suggested in the general health guidelines. This is what I did before weight watchers. It is not that I ate a whole lot it was what I ate and when I ate it.

Therefore I have got to make my goal each day to get in all my servings of fruits and vegetables. Doing this will provide the weight loss I so desperately want and need. Also I know it will help curb those hunger pains for all that stuff that I crave. How do I know this? Because in the previous weeks this is what I did and it worked. Yes, Weight Watchers works if you follow the plan and stay within your points BUT I know from experience it will work much better if I get the servings suggested in the general health guidelines.

So far this week I have not been able to make it to a meeting to weigh in. Hopefully here in the next few days I can at least make it to a weigh in even if I don't stay for the meeting. I'm pretty sure the scale will not have moved but that will motivate me this next week a try to stay on plan eating all the right foods.

How is your week going?

6 comments:

  1. my week has been good. I lost 1.4 pounds and i am really close to my 10%. I started at 235 and am down to 212.3 lbs. getting there, been at this about 13 weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy- that is an awesome loss. Praying this next week will be good for me. This is my 6th week and I am down a little over 10lbs. it will be great when I finally lose 10%.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you have etools from WW? If you go to the recipe builder you can plug in your recipe, ingredient by ingredient then determine and plug in the number of servings in your receipe and it will tell you how many points per serving there are and it will also help you find substitutes for the ingredients of your recipe to make them more WW friendly and healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read what you wrote about the emotional eating it sounds as if I was the one that wrote it with the exception of the banana sandwich (yuck) I REALLY hate bananas. I just have to ask, are you sure a banana sandwich is only 3 points? A banana alone can sometimes be 3 points, plus you have 2 slices of bread and mayo? Just becareful, even though you are tracking everything make sure you have the right serving sizes (weigh and measure) to be sure you are tracking the correct number of points for everything, this will help the scale move faster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the etools and love the recipe builder. I have to say though that some of my family favorites can never really be made that friendly so I will reserve them only for special occasions. Although I am hoping to come up with some new favorites and maybe those recipes will be forgotten.

    Yeah, I can only eat bananas with mayo on bread. I had the lite bread so two slices was 1 pt, 1 tsp of lite mayo (which was not enough to make banana taste good)- 0.5 pts and thinly sliced banana that was not even half of a medium banana so I feel safe saying that it was 3 points. The other day I thought I would eat a banana by itself because they are supposed to be good for you and I actually felt like that thing was growing in my mouth. How in the world do my kids do it? They just pick them up and eat them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I look forward to your support and sharing with others.