Tuesday, January 3, 2012

baby Steps

Whew what a day! I accidentally sleep in until 9:30. So much for my alone time with God before I get everyone else up. I'm so glad he forgives. He knows I am doing my best with these baby steps. He knows all about my big goals for 2012 and if I don't take baby steps and try to do it all at once I will fail. Thank you Lord for holding my hand!

So I have yet to do my meal planning plus unfortunately we have lots of foods that should probably be banned from most households in our house. So for breakfast I had grits! It was ok I finished under my calories. The thing I'm most proud of is my morning routine that I'm following while doing flylady. Although as I lay here from my bed exhausted I realize I didn't do my before bedtime routine...baby steps. I'll remember tommorow. It was an odd day as I got up, got dressed, made the bed and put on my tennis shoes to just stay around the house. Also I never realized how much you could get done working on something for just 15 minutes. Plus I have to admit that a lot of my problem is just starting things to begin with. So I don't feel guilty when I keep working for longer than 15 minutes when it is something I have been procrastinating about for days or even weeks.

The bad part is I didn't actually get any exercise in today but I stayed really busy. There was hardly anytime sucked up by the internet! It was a good day when some housework got done on top of all the company stuff.

My goal is to get my house on auto pilot by April when work picks up. It would be an added bonus if there was less of me to take to work each day.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard but I think you are onto something with these baby steps. If you just keep adding small stuff it will all add up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I look forward to your support and sharing with others.